Admissions Policy - Click here to view the Admissions Policy.
If the number of preferences for the school is more than the number of places available, places will be allocated in the following priority order:
- Looked after children: children who are in the care of local authorities as defined by Section 22 of the Children Act 1989.
- Children who the local authority accepts have an exceptional medical or social need for a place at the school;
- Children with siblings at the school (not in the first year);
- Children of staff who are employed by the Trust.
- Children who live nearest to the school.
If two or more children are ranked equally on any of the above criteria, random allocation will determine which child or children are offered places. In this case, a child or children’s names will be randomly selected from a total list of tied applicants by someone unconnected with the school.
Pupils with statements of Special Educational Need will not be subject to the application of the oversubscription criteria. They will be allocated a place at Walthamstow Primary Academy if their statement nominates the school as being the most suitable.